Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Swim Meet #2

Last night we had our first "home" meet. I again was turn judge. Cliff was in town and got to see the girls swim. (YEA!)

This meet was extra fun for the kids in that our rival was the neighboring subdivision. All the kids go to the same schools, so they had fun seeing their friends. We saw Vivian's friend Allison B. from preschool and kindergarten. And I saw a little boy that went to PPCD with Emma Grace (She said she didn't remember him, but I think she would if she saw him).

Results:

Vivian placed 1st in her heat of 25yd freestyle and her freestyle relay placed 2nd.

Emma Grace placed 1st in her heat of 25yd freestyle, her medley relay placed 4th (she swam freestyle), and her freestyle relay placed 2nd.

I had a quiet night as a turn judge calling only 2 early starts in the freestyle relays at the end of the meet.

Biggest excitement: a 40 minute thunder delay

Notable differences from last week: no timers at all; very quickly run (we would have finished around 10pm if not for the delay)

Upcoming: time trials Monday night, "away" meet Tuesday night.

1 comment:

Dan Perkins said...

Way to go Emma Grace and Vivian! Glad to hear they are carrying on the Perkins family tradition of competitive swimming. Well done by both of my super-nieces!