Below are some videos that I shot of Emma Grace's events at the last swim meet. Lighting is not good on the last ones. It was very dark by then -- a hazard of shooting video at night relying on ambient light. I apologize for that, but you CAN sort of see her in the moments that she crosses through the lights in the pool. Anyway, beggars can't be choosers.
This is her first race of the evening - 7&8 medley relay. She is the freestyle leg. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a better angle from which to start filming.
If you read the previous post about the meet, you know that she was also asked to swim the freestyle leg of the 9&10 medley relay. I didn't know until I couldn't find her after the race, and someone told me she was up again. I didn't get it filmed or photographed.
I attempted photos of her individual freestyle, but I didn't get anything good.
This is her backstroke race. It is getting dark and I missed the start, but you can still see most of the race. Notice that at about 1/2 way, she's leading slightly! Once she learns to navigate, she'll be super fast!
Yes, that's me cheering for her. I thought she'd never touch the wall! I think it took about 5 seconds for her to finish the last foot of the race! She's so worried about hitting her head (even though the pools have pads) that she slows WAY down at the end.
This is her butterfly race. For those who know, you'll see that this was not exactly a legal swim. She stopped and touched the bottom of the pool, and she touched with one hand. BUT she finished the race! At this age, the stroke and turn judges pretty much let anything go unless it gives the swimmer an obvious advantage. I'm impressed that she "gets" as much as she "gets." This is a difficult stroke to master, and after swimming 4 other races, she's pooped!
Finally, I have her freestyle relay swim. I include it, because you can hear Vivian cheering for her. The video itself is very dark and almost not worth sharing otherwise.
Hope you have enjoyed "being" at our meet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment