Thursday, September 14, 2006

We're goin' to Disney World!

Well, here we are on our way to Orlando and our long-awaited trip to Disney World. Cliff is already there on business, and we are going to meet him -- and Mickey.

The girls and I left this morning at 8 am to catch a 10:50 flight. We got to the airport in plenty of time to find our flight delayed by 10 minutes, then 30 minutes, then an hour, then an hour and a half. We finally left at 12:20. While we waited we made friends with Buffy, a 2 year old Llasa Apso. She was flying with her owner back to Orlando.

Our flight was good. Viv got at nap, which proved to be a problem tonight as she couldn’t go to sleep until late. Emma and I did a phonics lesson and played video games provided on the plane.

Once in Florida, we had no problem getting to the Magical Express bus and then to the hotel, the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Cliff met us there. He was so ready for a vacation! I think we talked 3 or 4 times before we arrived. He’s been just like a kid as we’ve gotten ready to come. Very cute!

Because Cliff got to the hotel before we did, he went to check-in. The "stumble factor" was ON, and we ended up with an upgrade to a savannah view. Pictures are of Anke cattle and a reticulated girraffe.





We had dinner tonight at Jiko at our hotel. Jiko means “the cooking place.” I included a picture of Emma Grace’s peanutbutter and jelly sandwich. It was beautiful


More to come. . . .

2 comments:

perkoline said...

That has to be the most beautiful peanut butter sandwich I have ever seen! Good choice. And hooray for the stumble factor. I don't know how Cliff does it.

Dan Perkins said...

How on earth did I miss these last two posts to your blog over the last week? I could've sworn I checked it daily! Orlando is a pretty cool town! I've been there twice for triathlons, but never made it to Disney World! I bet you guys had a total blast! Looking forward to hearing more about it.