Monday, September 18th
We got moving a bit slowly today. Staying out last night at Magic Kingdom until 10:30 or so has taken its toll. But, we couldn't lolly-gag too long.
We had breakfast with Mickey, Donald, Pluto and Goofy this morning at the Restaurantasaurus. Talk about a great breakfast buffet! Yummy!
The restaurant is located in the DinoLand section of the park which turned out to be a great place for us to start the day.
After breakfast we did pretty much everything there was to do in Dino Land. We did the Dinosaur Ride first. We had been warned that it was pretty scary. One friend told us that her 12 year old son wouldn't go on it more than once (and he's not scared of much). Emma Grace was really scared by the loud noises and the "realistic" scenes. She cried through most of it. I found it to be a bit took herky-jerky for my back and neck, and I was a bit uncomfortable for the rest of the day. However, I was expecting more of a roller coaster, so at least I wasn't sick, too!
We continued to explore the Dino Land. Cliff and the girls went on a little roller coaster, and we played in an excavation pit (playground). While we were there, we happened to look up in the sky and see this:

Interesting form of self-expression!
The rest of the park was minorly disappointing. It is less amusement park and more zoo than we expected. That was still really cool, but not what we expected.
Cliff and Vivian went on Expedition Everest -- a roller coaster with a Yeti theme that goes forward and backward. Apparently Viv rode the whole ride with her eyes closed and her fingers in her ears. Silly girl! Once again she was glad she did it but didn't want to do it again.
One thing that was INCREDIBLE was the Lion King performance. It was high quality, Broadway style, rip-roarin' fun. Unfortunately we couldn't take pictures, but it will live in our memories for a long time to come.
We decided not to do the safari at the park simply because it was hot and we could see most of the animals at our hotel.
We had planned to have dinner and see fireworks at Disney-MGM tonight, but we decided against it. We had reserved a place at Mama Melrose's where we could watch the fireworks and then go ride any rides we wanted until closing time. We all agreed we were pooped and that there wasn't anything left to ride there that we wanted to ride. I was a bit disappointed, but we were all dragging. Instead we had a dinner buffet at the hotel that was outstanding. In addition to "regular" fare, they also had some traditional African dishes. The prime rib was offered with 3 different "native inspired" sauces. The mustard sauce was GREAT! I also tried some traditional breads, vegetable dishes, and a watermelon rind salad (I didn't care for that). The desserts were amazing, too. I think our 2 favorites were a chocolate mousse crunch and "zebras" which were a mousse-like center with soft chocolate covering. YUM!
We got moving a bit slowly today. Staying out last night at Magic Kingdom until 10:30 or so has taken its toll. But, we couldn't lolly-gag too long.

We had breakfast with Mickey, Donald, Pluto and Goofy this morning at the Restaurantasaurus. Talk about a great breakfast buffet! Yummy!The restaurant is located in the DinoLand section of the park which turned out to be a great place for us to start the day.
After breakfast we did pretty much everything there was to do in Dino Land. We did the Dinosaur Ride first. We had been warned that it was pretty scary. One friend told us that her 12 year old son wouldn't go on it more than once (and he's not scared of much). Emma Grace was really scared by the loud noises and the "realistic" scenes. She cried through most of it. I found it to be a bit took herky-jerky for my back and neck, and I was a bit uncomfortable for the rest of the day. However, I was expecting more of a roller coaster, so at least I wasn't sick, too!
We continued to explore the Dino Land. Cliff and the girls went on a little roller coaster, and we played in an excavation pit (playground). While we were there, we happened to look up in the sky and see this:

Interesting form of self-expression!
The rest of the park was minorly disappointing. It is less amusement park and more zoo than we expected. That was still really cool, but not what we expected.
Cliff and Vivian went on Expedition Everest -- a roller coaster with a Yeti theme that goes forward and backward. Apparently Viv rode the whole ride with her eyes closed and her fingers in her ears. Silly girl! Once again she was glad she did it but didn't want to do it again.
One thing that was INCREDIBLE was the Lion King performance. It was high quality, Broadway style, rip-roarin' fun. Unfortunately we couldn't take pictures, but it will live in our memories for a long time to come.
We decided not to do the safari at the park simply because it was hot and we could see most of the animals at our hotel.
We had planned to have dinner and see fireworks at Disney-MGM tonight, but we decided against it. We had reserved a place at Mama Melrose's where we could watch the fireworks and then go ride any rides we wanted until closing time. We all agreed we were pooped and that there wasn't anything left to ride there that we wanted to ride. I was a bit disappointed, but we were all dragging. Instead we had a dinner buffet at the hotel that was outstanding. In addition to "regular" fare, they also had some traditional African dishes. The prime rib was offered with 3 different "native inspired" sauces. The mustard sauce was GREAT! I also tried some traditional breads, vegetable dishes, and a watermelon rind salad (I didn't care for that). The desserts were amazing, too. I think our 2 favorites were a chocolate mousse crunch and "zebras" which were a mousse-like center with soft chocolate covering. YUM!


1 comment:
African dishes, eh? Did they have a "groundnut stew?" Sounds like lots of fun and excitement--I can see why you might be a bit pooped.
Post a Comment