Sunday, September 17, 2006

Typhoon Lagoon

Sunday, September 17th

This was probably my favorite day of the vacation. It was also the hottest day (at least it felt that way), but we didn't care, because we were at the water park!

So what made it the best? Vivian and I got to swim with SHARKS! Seriously! Of course they were veggie sharks -- no great whites! I know, where's the thrill in that, right?! Well, it WAS thrilling! The water was COLD -- 68F. Vivian hated that. She fussed until the lifeguard offered to float her across the lagoon. Then she had a great time. I was amazed at how much you can see just floating across the top of the water. There were sharks and rays gliding around below me. WOW! I had never snorkeled before, and it was FUN!

Vivian's favorite parts of the park were the wave pool and the lazy river. We did the river first -- floated all the way around the park. The wave pool was fun, too. I would walk out as far as I could, and when a wave would come, I would hold Vivian up as high as I could so she could body surf. That's why she liked it so much. She could get some good distance, too. We'd get a wave about every 3 minutes or so.

We also did nearly every slide in the park. It was just a really fun family day! Afterward we went back to the hotel, took a nap, and then took advantage of the Extra Magic Hours as Magic Kingdom to ride some of our favorite rides again and see the fireworks. Great day!

1 comment:

perkoline said...

You are girls after my own heart--I used to love the Lazy Rive at White Water, or whatever it was we went to in Arlington a couple of times. Sometimes I still fantasize about drifting lazily along in the hot sunshine . . .
And, my goodness, Courtney--what a great picture of you! That beautiful smile . . .