We're in the first week of September, and our weather is incredible! Yesterday morning I opened the door to let the dog out, and it was actually cooler outside than it was inside! I checked our thermometer, and it was 68 degrees! I couldn't believe it!
After we got ready for the day, the girls and I went to the park for the whole morning. We walked the dog and played a bit and then did some school and played some more. It did get hot, but the humidity was so low and the park so shady that we didn't ever get uncomfortable. It was a great break from our usual routine.
This morning was another beautiful morning. I thought about going to the park again, but it really won't work into our schedule today. I need to do some grocery shopping and go have some blood drawn for tests (routine thyroid check), and we still need to get some school done, too.
The girls are playing with modeling clay and Polly Pockets right now. We're having a hard time getting into the day. Vivian has wrapped her Polly in a clay snake. She just asked me how to make the snake eat Polly. Whew!
Yesterday the girls made a "leaf soda" for the caterpillars in our yard. They asked me to help, but I was in the middle of something. When I didn't make an appearance quickly enough, they took matters into their own hands. They set up the blender (no small feat for young children), collected leaves, and added water. Fortunately, we have talked about kitchen safety many times. They "forgot" the part about not using appliances without an adult, but they did keep their hands out of the blender! More teaching to do on that front, but I am impressed with their ability to do as much as they did. I couldn't find my camera or I would have included a picture of the creative process. The final product included a teaspon of Chocolate Ovaltine. I think the caterpillars were happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Well! This old Gramma had to do a Google search to see what "Polly Pockets" were. My first "hit" was just stickers, and I had a hard time thinking that Vivian would be wrapping a snake around a sticker! So I kept looking, and now I know a little bit more. Dolls, Gramma, dolls!
I'm sure the caterpillars enjoyed the leaf soda treat. They are lucky to have such good friends as Emma Grace & Vivi.
Hope that beautiful weather holds for a good while.
Dang, Mom! Even I know what Polly Pockets are/is!! Sheesh! Great entry, Courtney! The weather here in Austin has been nice too!
Post a Comment