Monday, June 05, 2006

Our Babies are Baptized!!

Last night, our babies got baptized!

I love the way our church does baptism services! Since we don't have a baptistry in our church, we meet at a member's home and use their swimming pool. In fine Baptist tradition, we bring food and have fellowship following the service.

Last night, our youth had just returned from camp, and the youth pastor had several of them share their camp experiences. Then 8 people were baptized. Our girls requested that Ms. Edna (the children's minister) baptize them, and she did. I cried.

In attendance, in addition to many church members, we had Clint, Christle, Holly, Josh, Clay, and Christine. What a blessing that they could be there to share that moment with us!

1 comment:

perkoline said...

What a neat way to do a baptismal service! Thanks so much for sharing this via video--we didn't know it was coming, and are very happy to welcome both of our girlies fully into the loving community of Jesus. I wish we could have been there. Love, Gramma & Granddad.