Listening to the radio this morning, we heard about this website where you can see how popular your name is in the United States. Very cool! Some of you are quite rare!
Hmmmm... There are more than 400 Stephen Perkins's running around, more than 2000 William Perkins's, only about 100 Alex Perkins's, and Zero Laura Muribys (although there are more than 400 Laura Perkins's).
I guess I forgot to "publish" after "previewing." Looked up my name a couple of days ago and thought I had posted successfully, but there's still nobody here but Steve! Okay -- I found 75 Caroline Perkinses, but only 13 Caroline Courtneys.
A word about the 0 Laura Muribys -- I Googled the name "Lang Elliot" after hearing a man by that name on an NPR animal show. I knew a Lang Elliot when I was a kid, and wondered if it might be the same person. How many people are likely to be named that?
Well, Google gave me five, so I'm pretty sure the man I heard is NOT the kid I knew back when. But this site gave me a 0 for the same name. Go figure.
Oh come one...the world can only handle ONE Lisa Hatten or ONE Lisa Perkins...the rest are surplus ;)
I'll have to check out that site...I'm betting Becca Sexauer (Becca and Grant in Houston - maiden name...yeah, yeah.. a real pain in high-school I assure you) is a rare occurance!
4 comments:
Hmmmm... There are more than 400 Stephen Perkins's running around, more than 2000 William Perkins's, only about 100 Alex Perkins's, and Zero Laura Muribys (although there are more than 400 Laura Perkins's).
I guess I forgot to "publish" after "previewing." Looked up my name a couple of days ago and thought I had posted successfully, but there's still nobody here but Steve! Okay -- I found 75 Caroline Perkinses, but only 13 Caroline Courtneys.
A word about the 0 Laura Muribys -- I Googled the name "Lang Elliot" after hearing a man by that name on an NPR animal show. I knew a Lang Elliot when I was a kid, and wondered if it might be the same person. How many people are likely to be named that?
Well, Google gave me five, so I'm pretty sure the man I heard is NOT the kid I knew back when. But this site gave me a 0 for the same name. Go figure.
How odd. There are 863 Daniel Perkins's world-wide, but only 90 Dan Perkins's. Only 90 of us use "Dan" as our nickname?
FYI, there are 621 Lisa Perkins's and only 20 Lisa Hattens.
Oh come one...the world can only handle ONE Lisa Hatten or ONE Lisa Perkins...the rest are surplus ;)
I'll have to check out that site...I'm betting Becca Sexauer (Becca and Grant in Houston - maiden name...yeah, yeah.. a real pain in high-school I assure you) is a rare occurance!
Post a Comment