After the ferry, we headed to McDonald's for lunch. Actually, the girls and I had brought our own lunch and eaten in the car on the way to the ferry. So the girls had sundaes and drinks for a snack. (I have no idea whether the sundaes were "okay" or not for our GF, etc. diet, but they had them anyway).










After everyone ate, several of us headed out to the beach which was about 50 yards from the restaurant. The idea was to wade in the water for about 10 minutes and then head home. Notice I said the "idea."
Well, the girls decided to "wave jump" which consists of jumping over the waves as they come in to shore. Eventually, Emma Grace fell getting herself completely wet. Once that happened, everyone else "fell," too, and there was no more reason to stay dry. We ended up staying at the beach about an hour before heading back home around 3 p.m. (Please note that I "hoped" we would stay dry, but I pretty much figured we'd go home soaked).
We hooked up with a family we met through ballet. Lorry has 4 kids -- Lorenzo is about Emma's age (maybe a year older), Caroline is 8, Natalie is 6, and Sophia is almost 4 (she stayed home with Grandma this day). Emma and Caroline paired up, and Vivian and Lorenzo paired up. Natalie kinda floated between the 2 groups landing mostly with Emma and Caroline.
These first pictures are of sea gulls "attacking" Vivian at the restaurant. They thought she had food. She pretended to hate it, but she secretly enjoyed the attention. Then there are various beach photos and some more birds.


2 comments:
What a blog bonanza today had been! This is fun.
So Emma was the first one wet, and all the others followed. That's called "leadership!"
It looks like you had a beautiful day! Love the photos :)
Post a Comment