After the turtle hatchery, we headed for the ferry. We walked on and rode from Galveston to the Bolivar Penninsula and back. The trip took about 1/2 hour each way. The kids had a great time watching the wild life and getting a break. It was hot but not unbearable especially with the sea breeze.
Vivian is really into nature right now ("Birds are my favorite. And plants and other animals. Really all of nature. You know, A.K.A. God's creation.") I took a lot of pictures of birds for her. One that I tried to get but just couldn't was a flock of pelicans flying together. I kept seeing in my mind's eye a scene from Jurassic Park where they showed the giant pelicans flying off the coast of the island as the scientists arrived. Weird, I know.
As we chugged along, we came to this area where the water was both brown and green (see photo). One of the other riders explained that the brown water came from the Houston Ship Channel and the green water was from the Gulf of Mexico. That line is where the two currents meet. Pretty cool!

Here are some cute photos of the girls on the ferry.


No comments:
Post a Comment