Who is Leo?
Leo is our new puppy. A few months ago, the girls started lobbying for "their own" dogs. They proved that they were capable of animal care by feeding and walking Princess regularly, so Cliff and I agreed to enlarge our animal family.
We started by doing research on breeds. Both girls wanted small dogs. Emma wanted a Chihuahua and Vivian wanted a Pomeranian. We found that either would suit us quite well. We also wanted to consider a smaller poodle, so we went to the poodle rescue (where we got Princess). That's where we met Leo.
Leo is a 10 month old Pomeranian mix. At least that's what we've been told. Who knows what he really is, and it doesn't really matter. We looked at all the dogs there, but Leo really stood out for us. Cliff was out of town, so we chose to think on it until he could come with us. I fully expected Leo to be gone when we went back, but he was still there. We looked at everyone again, but Leo was it. He came home with us that day. That was almost 2 weeks ago.
Since then, we've been "potty" training and doing some basic obedience. I must say, he's doing quite well. He will (usually) "come" when he's called, "sit", and is working on lie "down." He jumps much less than he did when we first got him. He loves tug-o-war. I even caught him and Princess playing tug-o-war outside today. Princess had the rope toy and was "teasing" him with it. When he caught it, they'd tug. Very cute.
Last weekend, the girls and I went out of town and Cliff was on a trip. I decided to board Leo, so we wouldn't lose ground on the "potty" training. Here's his report card:
Cleaned my plate at every meal
Slept well
Happy, energetic, friendly, playful, cuddly
My favorite thing: my playtimes, tugging with my rope toy! Plus everyone likes my dance!
Here are a few pictures:


1 comment:
Leo has a foxy look about him. And how grown up Emma looks! Pretty girls, both of them.
Post a Comment