Ah, well! Our little "ghouls" chose America's most popular Halloween costume this year -- PRINCESS! No, not our dog; the Disney version. Emma Grace chose Belle (from her Christmas movie) and Vivian chose Ariel (the Little Mermaid). I did their hair and Emma's makeup. Vivian did her own makeup. As you can see from the pictures, I think they did their namesakes justice. They are lovely!And for anyone who had doubts about the popularity of trick-or-treating (old style), just look at the haul! Now, to be completely truthful only about half of that came from trick-or-treating. The other half came from a festival at church and from a party at Cliff's office. Who knew these pumpkins could get so fat and full! Thanks, Gramma, for the treat bags!


Cliff's office decided to play up Halloween this year with a costume contest organized by division. Cliff was part of the executive team who chose "Three Blind Mice" as their theme. The winning divisions were: The Bachelor in Rome, Retired Playboy Bunnies (some were really funny, all were
reasonably tasteful), and Pirates of the Gulf. A local firestation provided the judges. The education division arranged a "slumber party" in the training facility with pillows, movies, and food. Cliff said it was well used at lunchtime. We showed up just in time for the judging and awarding of prizes. Then the girls "trick-or-treated" around the office. All this BEFORE hitting the neighborhood!


4 comments:
Great costumes, Courtney! Cliff's cracks me up. Looks like the girls made off with a great haul of candy. Lisa and I only had 5 trick-or-treaters, so we still have gobs of candy lying around. That's bad news for me. :(
What pretty little princesses! Nice haul on the candy! We had the same problems as Dan and Lisa. We expected TONS of kids, since our neighborhood has so many, but we only got about 30. Lots and lots of candy still around the house... not good!
You girls look so very pretty! And the hair and makeup are just right for Princesses of the Land and Sea. The Blind Mouse is hilarious--you should have been the Farmer's Wife, Courtney, and wielded a carving knife!
As Steve said, it was a slow night of trick-or-treating here in Denver--the doorbell rang only 5 times, but they were all groups. I would be surprised if we had a total of thirty, but I didn't see the last couple of groups. Must admit, I am enjoying the bite-sized Snickers and tiny M&Ms . . . Not usual fare around the MaxPerx household.
What great costumes! I wish we could have seen the girls ON Halloween! Maybe we should save the candy left over from our lack of trick-or-treaters and have the girls dress up again at Christmas. They can go room to room and knock on our doors and ask for candy. Darby and I gave out all our candy, so we'll have to ask for a trick...or do we trick them? How does that work, anyway?
Miss you guys!
Oh...and what a GREAT!!!!!!! vacation! That'll make for fantastic memories!
Post a Comment