Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Miss Vivian Johnson in her solo singing debut!

Sunday night our church held a Talent Show and Auction benefiting our mission trips planned for this summer. Every year we send 2 teams to the Texas-Mexico border to build houses for the Mexican people who need them.

When auditions for the Talent Show were announced, Vivian immediately asked to sing. She chose The Open Door from the children's Christmas musical last year.

She practiced and learned the words, and then we practiced with the accompaniment cd. When the big day came, she said she was ready (but a little nervous).

If only I could post the video! I know I keep saying that, but she was GREAT!

It took a little while for the music to come on, and she looked like she was going to get nervous. But then the song started. She looked right at me for the first half of the song, but then she closed her eyes and sang the rest of the song like an angel!

She received several compliments. Her modest response: "Yes, I'm very talented."

No comments: