So, today we tested macaroni and cheese. Our options included DeBoles Gluten Free Rice Pasta & Cheese versus Annie's Homegrown Rice Pasta & Cheddar.
Both are "all natural," but DeBoles has a shorter ingredient list. Then again Annie's is committed to being "green."
On to the results:
DeBoles won hands down. All tasters agreed that it was the better mac-n-cheese. Emma said she liked both, but liked DeBoles better. Vivian said she would find something else to eat if I served Annie's. I found the texture of DeBoles to be significantly (to me) better than Annie's.
So it looks as if we will go with DeBoles. Annie's just didn't cut it with us even though it meets our dietary needs.
In addition to the mac-n-cheese test, I introduced the girls to blue corn tortilla chips. Our test chip was Central Market Organics brand. Both girls liked them. They are a little less salty than a "regular" tortilla chip, but still good. They want to try them as nachos.
So far, we're doing very well with the diet. Girl Scout cookies have been a big challenge of late. Especially for Vivian. She's having a hard time being a "team player" when she's not the one with the allergy. Since we got our cookie information last week, she has been exercising her negotiating skills and resorting to complaining when that doesn't work. Emma is handling it fairly well. She is sad that she will not get to eat Girl Scout cookies but seems resigned to doing without.
I'm looking for a good way to collate and share the information that we're collecting. If you have any ideas, please share them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
My favorite mac n' cheese: rice pasta macaroni noodles with cheddar cheese, milk, and butter. It's just as easy at the boxed kind and cheaper, too!
All the Annie's stuff I've tried over the years has seemed a little blah to me, if not "ungood." Glad to know about DeBoles -- but Darby's right, of course. It's not much trouble to just do your own, if you have good pasta. But it won't be like Nana's. Mmm-mmm! I never could get the hang of it, even when I used Velveeta and butter. Good thing I quit trying.
Post a Comment