The wallpaper (circa 1980s Waverly pattern) was beginning to get to me. We use our eat-in kitchen as our school room, so we're in there a lot. I knew when we bought the house 5 years ago that the wallpaper was busy and outdated, but I liked the colors and saw no reason to change it until we had to.
Well, now we HAVE to! Every wall in the kitchen has this pattern on it, and it is about to drive me NUTS!
So THIS is what I'm doing. I am painting. So far it has taken me about 4 weeks to do approximately 150 square feet of wall. Obviously, I'm not in a hurry. : )
If you like the colors, they are Sherwin Williams Kilm Beige on the ceiling, Latte on the upper wall, and Hopsack on the lower wall. The trim will eventually be Divine White. Not sure yet what we'll do about the cabinets. I have a master dream, but that is a long way off (if ever).
For those who have been to our house in the last 2-3 years, the Latte and Kilm Beige are the same colors as in our living/dining rooms.
I know you're probably wondering when I have time to paint given all we do here. Well, that's why I adopted the long term approach. When I have some time, I may paint, I may not. Like I said, I'm not in a hurry. Yet!


2 comments:
Cool! I'm eager to see it on Sunday.
OK--I've seen it, and I love it! The colors are great, and very calming. It may take a while to complete, but will be well worth the effort.
Post a Comment