Another exciting thing that happened recently is that we decided to homeschool our girls. We took Emma Grace out of 1st grade at the semester break, and we will add Vivian to the mix when she finishes Kindergarten.
So far it has been a really rewarding experience. Emma Grace is a great companion, and we both enjoy the time we have together. Some days are really hard. Others are really good. I like having more relaxed time with both girls (Vivian's kindergarten is less than "full time"). We don't have to rush like we did before. They are not as tired and cranky as before. All in all, we're a kinder, happier family.
As we finish up this school year, we are preparing for the next step. We chose the K12 curriculum for next year. I posted a link to it (see right). Emma Grace and I have already started her phonics and language arts as well as math. We will ease into the curriculum over the summer starting with History and Art early in June, add Science and Music mid-June, and start Phonics and Language Arts in July.
Both girls have extra-curriculars. Emma Grace is in Drama Kids and gymnastics, and Vivian is in violin and gymnastics. If we just add a little daily physical activity, we'll have a well-rounded schooling experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey! Glad you're back in the biz. Maybe Dad & I can get our act together in Montana and set up a site. Loved the email catch-up, too. I have your blog bookmarked for quick reference, so I can check in daily to see if there's anything new. Do need pictures....
Post a Comment