Saturday, April 28, 2007

Before . . . . .and After

Just thought I'd share something unusual from our non-school, non-church time.

A few weeks ago, the girls and I started talking about how shaggy Princess was getting. Given her history as a show dog, we decided that we'd like to see her look like that. So, I let her get even more shaggy (she needs long hair for a show cut). Last week we took her to our groomer, but he refused to cut her that way. So (after a come-apart which is a whole different story), I called another groomer (who doesn't do large dogs anymore), and she referred me to a groomer that she would trust to do a good job on a "continental" cut. Yesterday, we did the deed, and here are the results!


Isn't she GORGEOUS! She looks like a totally different dog. She acts like a different dog, too. She carries her head and her tail higher than before. She seems happier and more confident -- if those characteristics can be attributed to a dog. Cliff says she's looking for "the show."

3 comments:

Darby said...

She's beautiful! I think she does look happier and more confident with her new look. Maybe the girls could pretend to show her and run with her like in the dog shows. I'm sure princess would love it!

Caroline said...

I saw this shortly after it went up and have tried twice to post--hope it works this time! We're having trouble with our wireless connection . . . I get on now and then, but can't "go" anywhere for long . . .
Anyway -- Hubba-hubba, Princess! I think dogs really do have "confidence" issues about their appearance -- I remember my childhood dog Smokey seeming "embarrassed" the first time we sheared her thick black coat for summer. She looked so funny, I laughed -- and she gave me a look that said, "Am I okay? Can you still love me??" Wonderful critters, dogs are.

Caroline said...

Oh, yes--good idea, Darby. It's never too early to start learning that special flat-footed run/glide they do. And the suits they wear are to die for. Go for it, Girls!